- Group surf lessons : 8 students maximum for 1 instructor for teenagers/adults lesson, 8 students for 1 instructor and 1 accompanying adult for KIDS lesson (8 to 11 years old), and 6 students for 1 instructor and 1 accompanying person for « Jardin des Vagues » lesson (5 to 7 years old).
- Group surf lessons are organized by ages (mini surfers, kids, teens/adults and family) and by skills (from beginners to advanced).
- Each instructors are holders of a state diploma, rescuer and experienced.
- Full equipment is included (board, wetsuit and lycra t-shirt), you just have to come with a swimsuit, a towel, sunscreen and motivation.
- The insurance of the French Federation of Surfing is also included in the surf lesson.
- The appointment is scheduled 15 minutes before the lesson so you have time to equip yourself.
- If the surf lesson can’t be done because of the weather conditions, it will be rescheduled or refunded. Lessons are not cancelled if it is raining. All cancellation must be done 48 hours before the lesson or it will be owed.
- At the end of the stage, for youngest kids, we give a school diploma with different levels : starfish, crab, turtle and seahorse. For the olders, we give the FFS passport with different levels : 1st foam, bronze wave, silver wave, golden wave.
To observe and to understand the ocean and waves.
Safety, priority and conviviality rules necessary to learn surfing in good conditions.
The basic surfing technics (lay down position, paddling, standing up, standing position, holding balance, taking directions).
- Meeting 15 minutes before the class at the surf school, located right on the Ocean front, facing the spot, no sand dune to climb with the board, we are only a few steps away from the beach.
- Equipment, you wear your wetsuit and choose your board with the help of your instructor and let’s go !
- Short walk on the beach to join the best spot chosen by your instructor depending on conditions and students skills.
- Start of the class. The class start by an observation and analyse of conditions, learning of safety rules, and then a warm up. All along the class, the instructor support you on the beach and in the water to give you advice and help you. He alternates between short briefings on the beach and practice in the water. The class process depends on students progression. The instructor personalise advices and exercises for everyone to improve at their own pace.
- End of the class, back on the beach and small personal feedback.
- Back at the school, just rince and store your equipment.
- Before leaving, check the time for next day’s class.